Eickhoff Group history
Founded in 1864, Eickhoff Maschinenfabrik GmbH in Bochum, Rhineland-Westphalia is known in Poland mainly for the production of shearer loaders for hard coal mining and chain conveyor gearboxes. The company also specializes in the production of equipment for other branches of industry.
The company’s production program includes gears and reducers of various types. Intensively developed the production of modern transmission, including gearboxes for wind turbines.
Eickhoff Group history – Beginings
Johann Heinrich Carl Eickhoff establishes the company in Bochum, starting out with a small foundry that initially supplies wheels for mining trolleys.
His sons, Carl and Robert, take over the company, founding Gebr. Eickhoff.
Eickhoff presents the world’s first headwheel at an industrial fair in Düsseldorf
Eickhoff builds the first bar cutting machine in Continental Europe.
Eickhoff includes conveyors in its product range.
Eickhoff launches the first hydraulic cutting machine..
Introduction of Eickhoff’s first longwall shearer loader.
Eickhoff succeeds in constructing the first part-face heading machine.
Implementation of the most efficient excavators world-wide, the EDW-600-L, in the US.
Launch of the first longwall shearer loader with electrical winches and cutting engines on the supporting arms.
Construction of remote control shearer loaders.
First high voltage shearer loader, the EDW-380-L, built for South Africa.
Foundation of a subsidiary for the construction and distribution of part-face heading machines (AC-E).
Implementation of high performance shearer loaders with decentrally arranged microprocessors on board.
Development and introduction of new gearbox ranges.
- Construction of longwall shearer loaders with three-phase current winches.
- Development of sensor-controlled shearer loaders.
- New activities in the conveyor market.
Development and launch of low-noise planetary gearboxes for wind energy power stations up to 1500 kW.
- Successful implementation of Eickhoff SLS 500 for selective winning of potash.
- Merger of subsidiary for the construction and distribution of part-face heading machines (AC-E) with Gebr. Eickhoff Maschinenfabrik und Eisengießerei mbH. Foundation of Eickhoff Maschinenfabrik GmbH.
New roadheads have hydraulichammers.
- 2×285 KW – cutting drums power for SL 500 shearers.
- Release of gearboxes for wind energy power stations – the basic kind of production.
- Development and launch of low-noise planetary gearboxes for wind energy power stations up to 3500 KW.
- The new structural group “The Eickhoff-group” has appeared.
- The test bed for gearboxes of wind energy power stations with capacity from 5 MW is entered into operation.